Mommy Makeover in Dallas, TX
Pregnancy and breastfeeding often result in permanent physical changes that cannot be corrected with diet, exercise, or push-up bras. Mommy Makeover surgery consists of a combination of procedures that target the disheartening effects that pregnancy can have on the body. These effects typically include sagging and deflated breasts, compromised abdominal muscles, loose abdominal skin, and the accumulation of excess fat throughout the body. Dr. William Carpenter approaches each Mommy Makeover case with an innate sense of aesthetics to deliver comprehensive and customized body contouring effects.
A Mommy Makeover Can Improve…
Sagging or Deflated Breasts
Breast enhancement can restore the bustline and a woman’s confidence. When a woman is pregnant or breastfeeding, her breasts experience size fluctuations that can cause volume depletion and the loss of elasticity. Patients can opt for breast augmentation, breast lift, or a combination of breast procedures with their Mommy Makeover to achieve the aesthetic they desire.
Damaged Abdominal Muscles
Pregnancy and significant weight gain can cause diastasis recti, a condition characterized by damaged abdominal muscles. While specific exercises can help strengthen the abdominals, only tummy tuck surgery can repair the stretched and separated musculature. During a Mommy Makeover procedure, a tummy tuck tightens the midsection and produces a beautiful silhouette.
Stubborn Fat Deposits
Throughout a woman’s life, localized fat deposits begin to accumulate and can obscure her natural curves. Utilizing multiple contouring techniques, such as tummy tuck surgery and liposuction, Dr. Carpenter can deliver personalized body sculpting for all Mommy Makeover patients. While these procedures are not weight-loss solutions, they do give the body a slimmer and more toned appearance.
Mommy Makeover Techniques
- Breast augmentation adds volume to the breasts and can make them more symmetrical using saline or silicone implants.
- Implants come in many different sizes and projections, providing an entirely customized breast aesthetic.
- Depending on the amount of existing breast tissue, implants can be placed beneath the pectoral muscle (subpectoral) or above the muscle (subglandular).
- Incisions may be created along the inframammary crease, around the areolas, or within the armpit.
- Breast lift surgery can restore sagging breasts to a more youthful look and feel.
- This procedure involves removing excess skin and repositioning the natural breast tissue, resulting in firmer and shapelier breasts.
- Patients who are concerned about downward-facing or poorly positioned nipples can also correct the nipple-areolar complex with breast lift surgery.
- Dr. Carpenter performs several breast lift techniques to target varying degrees of sagging (ptosis).
- Tummy tuck surgery is designed to improve the appearance of the abdomen by removing excess tissue and repairing weak rectus muscles.
- An incision is created along the pubis from one hip to the other, through which excess tissue can be excised and the remaining skin can be tightened.
- Patients who opt for a tummy tuck procedure can enjoy a slender and more youthful midsection.
- Liposuction involves removing pockets of localized fat using a thin, hollow tube (cannula) and suction technology.
- This technique can be used almost anywhere on the body to enhance the contours and produce a slimmer appearance.
- Mommy Makeover patients commonly have liposuction performed on the abdomen, back, hips, and flanks.
Patients will need to have a friend or relative to drive them home after their Mommy Makeover procedure and assist them during the first 24 to 48 hours of recovery. Some discomfort is expected, but it can be managed with prescription medication and the use of the recommended compression garments. Swelling may remain for several weeks after surgery. Most activities and work can be resumed after two weeks, but patients must refrain from performing strenuous exercises and activities for six weeks or longer.
Scarring may develop, but Dr. Carpenter places all incisions in inconspicuous locations that can be easily hidden beneath underwear or swimsuits. Scars will fade over time and blend into the surrounding tissue.
The cost of a Mommy Makeover procedure depends on multiple factors, including whether or not breast implants were placed, the techniques used, the extent of correction, geographical location, and facility fees. During your consultation, a price estimate will be calculated that reflects your cosmetic objectives.
Patients usually experience the most discomfort during the first few days after surgery. Prescription pain medication can help alleviate any pain and make the recovery process more comfortable.
Before & After
The ideal candidates for any cosmetic surgery must be in good health and have a realistic expectation of their results. The best Mommy Makeover candidates can relate to some of the following concerns:
- Breast volume loss
- Breast laxity (ptosis)
- Abdominal skin laxity
- Weak abdominal muscles
- Unwanted fat deposits
Combining body contouring and breast procedures into a single surgery decreases the overall recovery time needed. It is also cost-effective because you will only need to pay for the anesthesia fees once instead of several times.
After you heal from your surgery, your body will be significantly enhanced with more attractive, youthful contours. Although you will continue to age naturally, your Mommy Makeover results should be long lasting and can be preserved with a healthy diet and exercise regimen.